Pets in my life or my pets or childhood pets:
- My personal dog, Riley, is my old man and best friend for the last twelve years. He was a pound puppy that taught me to love training and engaging with dogs on a different level than any dog before him. Also in my home is Pickles, who is about to become a fully trained Diabetic Alert Dog for a four-year-old boy with type 1 diabetes.
What I enjoy most about being a pet sitter/dog walker:
- My favorite thing about being a dog sitter is giving dogs an abundance of comfort and love while their humans are away. Dogs are such loving creatures and I enjoy giving them attention and love to reciprocate.
My funniest pet moment:
- One day I was watching TV with my old dog. He was fast asleep next to me and suddenly startled away, gave me an the most expressive and odd look. His eyes were wide, worried and immediately asking for forgiveness. He quietly slid off the couch and I quickly discovered he had an accident in between the couch cushions. I found it so comical because his facial expression was so dramatic and he seemed so ashamed I couldn't help but die laughing....and immediately started looking for a new couch!
What do animals teach us:
- Dogs teach us patience. If you ever rush a dog, you will be highly disappointed with the results. They need a quiet and consistent hand to aid them in understanding the world around them.
Experience with "special needs" pets:
- Due to my dog being older, I have learned to recognize how slowly they need to take things. Going at his pace is an extremely important factor in his happiness.