WHAT WE ARE DOING AT CRITTER SITTERS:
1. Use our own leash unless you have multiple pets who require a specific walking apparatus, or if you prefer we use your leash. In the situation we use your walking apparatus, please see #1 under "What You Can Do" for sanitizing suggestions, or purchase a leash specifically for our use.
2. Every walker will have a cloth face covering or face mask to wear during times of exposure to people. The CDC recommends wearing the cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain. As you know, we rarely see humans on the job.
3. We will wash hands at arrival and departure to each visit.
4. We will be mindful of what we are touching. We are minimizing touching of surfaces as much as we can within reason of our care.
5. Employees will report any symptoms to managers and stay home when sick.
6. We will stay away from high traffic areas and follow the social distancing guidelines.
7. Carry hand sanitizer or disinfecting wipes to use between each visit, in addition to washing our hands prior to our departure from your home.
8. For the time being, we will minimize smooches to and from your dog. We will miss our sloppy kisses, but we understand we should take great precaution, even though there is no evidence a pet can give a human Covid-19.
9. On walks, we will social distance as always. We never socialize on dog walks and always cross the street. This has always been our policy, for safety reasons, prior to Covid-19.
WHAT CLIENTS CAN DO FOR US:
1. Sanitize all of your walking apparatus. This can be with lysol spray, bleach, or by washing cloth or nylon walking apparatus in the washing machine with hot water and soap. Or, purchase a leash specifically for our use. We will have our own leash as well.
2. For dog walks, place your walking apparatus and supplies in one central location or go on and have your dog dressed for our arrival. Place your pets walking apparatus by the door where we enter your home, or near your pets crate. Our goal is to minimize touching of surfaces other than the door handle, and our walking apparatus.
3. Have hand soap either at a water spigot outside of your home, where we can wash our hands at the completion of our visit, or at an indoor sink of your choosing. Also, make certain you have PAPER TOWELS available for drying of hands. We will not be using any kitchen towels.
4. If you want to supply hand sanitizers at your pet stations, we would greatly appreciate it and will use is accordingly on arrival to our visits. We will also have our own sanitizer.
5. If you can refresh your water bowl before leaving for work, or put out an extra water dish, this will minimize us touching pet bowls. If your bowl is empty or un-refreshed we are happy to refresh. If you are traveling, we are happy to feed, medicate and water your pets. Please put everything in one central location for all supplies.
6. Keep the surfaces in your home disinfected and wiped down.
7. We do ask that if you or someone in your home is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, please let us know so we can work with you to avoid contact.
We value your safety, our sitters safety and the well being of your pets. We have implemented procedures that allow us to provide safe and compassionate care for your pets. Like every business and consumer, we are all having to make adjustments to our delivery and "how we do business."